Order and Shipping Policy
- Train Sets Only offers our customers a number of shipping options during checkout. Shipping charges are based upon the shipping method selected, the shipment weight, and the destination.
- We do not ship on weekends and carriers do not include weekend days or holidays as business days when determining transit time.
- We strive to ship all orders as quickly as possible. While stock statuses indicate the normal shipment window (ie - Normally Ships within 1 business day), there are occasionally circumstances which can delay shipment.
- We also have some free shipping offers, which are presented during checkout.
- Train Sets Only is not responsible for carrier delays and will only refund you for such delays if the carrier refunds us. If the freight is non-refundable due to their respective policies, we will not be able to issue you a refund. There are many reasons why shipping refunds are not provided. You an visit the carrier's website for further details on their policies.
- Expedited shipping charges (UPS 3 Day, UPS 2 Day, UPS Next Day, and USPS Priority Mail) and international shipping charges are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Orders refused upon delivery will be treated as returns. Shipping costs for both directions of travel will be deducted from the refund applied.
- Orders cancelled after an order is packed for shipment are subject to a $5.00 fee. Orders cannot be cancelled after an order has been shipped.
- Please click here for policies and information pertaining to international shipments.
Occasionally, an item you order is not in stock and unavailable from any of our distributors to ship within the time specified for a particular item. When this happens, an authorization will be made against your credit card for the entire order amount. By default, any order containing Back-Ordered items will be held until we are able to ship your order in full and your credit card will not be charged until the item is ready to ship. This practice helps us keep our costs and the price extended to you as low as possible.
If you would like to have your "In-Stock" items shipped immediately, please contact us via email after placing your order at [email protected] Please reference your order number in any correspondence. An additional shipping charge may apply to the split shipment. We will inform you of this and obtain your permission before proceeding in the manner.
If your entire order is being held due to one or more backordered items, we will only be able to hold the in-stock portion for 60 days. If the order qualified for free shipping, you can make a substitution to get your order total to the free shipping level -or- you can elect to pay shipping on the in-stock portion and have the backordered portion ship together for free when available.
Warranty and Return Policy
ALL RETURNS MUST BE PRE-AUTHORIZED BY TRAIN SETS ONLY. ANY RETURNS MADE WITHOUT A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER WILL BE REFUSED AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE.
- Once we have shipped your order, you will have 30 days to return the product for any reason as long as the product has not been used and is in the original unopened package.
- Please email [email protected] to receive a Return Authorization (RA) number and instructions.
- Upon receiving the returned item(s) in saleable condition as determined by Train Sets Only, we will credit your credit card for the originally paid price of the returned item(s), less original shipping charges. Product must be in original packaging, original shrink-wrap and/or factory seals must be intact, and all parts and accessories must be included. Return shipping, including insurance, is to be paid for by the customer. A 20% restocking fee will be applied to returns if product is not in its factory original condition.
- If you received free shipping with your order, our cost of shipping will be deducted from the amount we refund to you. If you received a shipping allowance credit on your order, it will be reversed prior to your refund being issued.
- Special ordered products may not be returned.
- Product damaged in shipment will be handled as a freight claim. Please inspect your merchandise immediately upon receipt as carrier claims can only be filed within 7 days. Because of this, we cannot provide credit for damaged shipments beyond this timeframe.
- You must notify the carrier upon receipt if any outer package damage is evident. If possible, refuse the package so that it is immediately sent back to Train Sets Only. This will greatly expedite the replacement process.
- You must email [email protected] within 7 days to obtain an RA# and shipping instructions.
- Train Sets Only will ship out a replacement using the same ship method originally selected unless you request and are willing to pay for a faster method of shipment. In some circumstances, your credit card will be charged for the replacement and then properly credited when the defective item has been returned or the freight claim has been otherwise handled. This allows us to quickly send the replacement and ensure we receive the return.
- In the event a replacement item is not in stock, a complete refund will be issued or a mutually agreeable substitution made.
- Failure to contact Train Sets Only prior to returning the package will delay processing and may result in no exchange or credit being issued.
Product Defects - Product does not work upon receipt
- Under some circumstances, defective merchandise is to be handled directly with the manufacturer. The product documentation often indicates when this is the case. If you cannot locate this information or the manufacturer's contact information anywhere on the product's package or documentation, please contact us and we will provide you with this information. Train Sets Only will help you resolve issues with the manufacturer when necessary. Please keep in mind that working directly with the manufacturer will often times result in the fastest resolution to the problem (especially when only one piece is defective).
- Many times, we will simply instruct you to return the product and we will send out a replacement item.
- Do not return defective items to Train Sets Only unless specifically requested to do so. We reserve the right to refuse such returns at your own expense.
- If your merchandise is simply missing piece(s), please contact the manufacturer who will be glad to send one out to you without the hassle of shipping merchandise back to Train Sets Only.
- After you have had the product for 14 days, all defects are to be handled by following the manufacturer's warranty policy which can be found in the documentation that came with your product. If you need help finding the appropriate contact information, please contact us and we'll be glad to provide you with it.
Click here for manufacturer contact information.
Sales Tax Policy
Train Sets Only is legally required to collect sales tax for a number of states, which will be calculated during checkout.